Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow pea plant

Posted by skootsi 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 7, 13 at 13:14

Some of my sugar snap pea plants (Super Sugar Snap and Cascadia) are turning yellow. About 15%, here and there. The new leaves are affected, and also the stems that support those leaves. It's the whole leaf, not just the veins or between the veins.

I've ruled out over-watering and under-watering, as I have sandy soil and monitor soil moisture. I doubt there are nutrient issues, so I suspect cold nights (low thirties). Hopefully it's not some incurable disease. The plants are about seven inches tall (planted late).

I'm in inland Southern California. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow pea plant

I've had every possible pea problem--I would check for spots...that's a sign of the mosaic virus.

Are you supporting those peas somehow?

check out my link, it leads to my video garden blog--i have two episodes on peas that are about 2 minutes each.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Arizona: Episode 1

o
RE: Yellow pea plant

steffyfsu...

It was apparently cold temperatures that caused it. The peas are now loaded with fat, juicy pods.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here