Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy New Year!!!

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 13:19

Wishing you all the best in the coming year, I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy this forum, I've learned so much from all of you in the last few years.

I don't know how it happened, it kind of snuck up on me but not only do I now have a full blown bean addiction I have become very interested in the preservation of heirloom varieties especially those that are hard to find or near extinction. I'm continually searching them out and if they won't grow here I pass them on to those that can.

I'd like to thank those that have helped me out in these searches, you really are a great bunch :) Although I've never met you in person I think of you as friends. Here's to a great growing season to all of you.

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy New Year!!!

Hear, hear, Annette! I've spent a couple of hours this morning reading old posts (Show Me Your Trellis, Shelled Black Jungle etc.) and just paid another visit to ask a question. This forum rocks!

Here's wishing good gardening weather in 2013 to all.

Frances

o

Annette, I couldn't agree more. This forum feels like a community, there's a lot of wonderful people here. I too consider many of you to be friends, even if I've only been able thus far to meet one of you (Rodger)... and that only briefly.

I hope to meet a few more of you this year, and to share as generously as others have with me. Maybe this will be the year that I finally make it to the meeting in Berea; but my plans for that always seem to fall through. Crossing fingers.

You know, being a Green Bay Packer fan, I was about to wish everyone a Happy New Year from the "Frozen Tundra", the nickname for Packer Country. Then I noticed that the first two posts were from Canada... I guess you have a better claim to the Frozen Tundra than I do. ;-) I wish all of you good health & good gardening in 2013.

o

• Posted by dlsm Z9b Titusville Fl (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 10:42

Annette, I agree with you, we have a wonderful group of gardering friends on this site. Picked up quite a few good gardening tips from you all.

Getting the gardening seed catalogs in the mail now and I love looking at all the vegetables planted country wide.

Good health and happy gardening to you all this coming year of 2013.

Luther

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here