Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to make Green bean chips (snack)??

Posted by MaineLadyGardner none (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 15, 11 at 18:03

My daughter loves green bean chips (they say baked on the package, but they have kept their shape and color, and are crunchy). They are soooo expensive in the quantities she consumes. Does anyone know how to make them?

I have done a google search, and searched Garden Web with no luck thus far.

I would really appreciate a recipe. Thanks so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to make Green bean chips (snack)??

They are deep fried like French fries. The commercial folks use a vacumn frying process which supposedly lowers the fat content.

o

Wow! French fried snap beans. That sounds good.

Jim

o

I was thinking you could make your own in a dehydrator, but that wouldn't be the same as fried.

o

I found a recipe online and they are baked.... Coat in olive oil and salt.... One recipe called for 425' for 15 - 20 min and the other called for 350' for20 min.... and you may need to keep checking... I have not tried it yet because I was on here looking today for the recipe.... Hope this helps!!!

o

Late to the party, but I did a little looking around, and if you're talking about those SnapeaCrisps, it seems as though they're probably ground up peas and rice flour, and extruded in the shape they are.

I imagine, the closest you could come would be to puree up some peas, mix with rice flour, and deep fry the batter. It won't be baked, but the originals might as well be fried anyway, since they're pretty oily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here