Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple Teepee Beans

Posted by diresu WA - 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 3:41

Does anyone have a source for these in the USA. I turn up many in the UK and some from Canada but I can't find one in the US. I saw an old article that mentioned Park Seed had them but I cannot find them on the website. Thanks!

Jennifer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Teepee Beans

• Posted by drloyd 7B Western WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 9:21

Thompson & Morgan lists in their UK catalog but not in Canada or the USA. Another Canada company lists but they do not ship here.

SSE members have offered it many times in the past but not since 2007. - Dick

o
GW Search

• Posted by drloyd 7B Western WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 9:44

This is turning out to be a challenge. I did a GardenWeb search of "purple teepee" in quotes and found two members who say that they have grown it in recent years.

o

Another bean on the way out? I searched and got the same results as DrLoyd so when I placed my order to Hawthorn I added a pkg. of Purple TeePee.

Annette

o

Chiltern Seeds has them. They ship to USA for a slightly higher shipping charge.

Margaret

o

Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad to know that Chiltern can ship to the US.

Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here