Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kentucky Wonder or Kentucky Blue?

Posted by booberry85 z5NY (becky@leadsafe.us) on
Thu, Feb 28, 08 at 15:19

I'm going to be growing Asparagus Yardlongs and Cherokee Trail of Tears this year. I want to grow one more pole bean. Right now I have seeds for both Kentucky Blue & Kentucky Wonder. I grew Kentucky Wonder two years ago with great success (despite having to fight off Japanese beetles). So I was leaning towards something different, the Kentucky Blues. However, I've read more favorable things about Kentucky Wonders, which has left me confused. If you had to choose between the two, which one would you pick and why?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kentucky Wonder or Kentucky Blue?

Kentucky Blue came from Kentucky Wonder and Bluelake. Since I like trying new things, I would give them a go. I've never grown them and this year I have way too many others to grow to even consider them. My bean count stands at 35 varieties this year alone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here