Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stringy yellow beans

Posted by flowers4nancy 6A (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 18:59

Our family loves Yellow Beans. I grew them last year and they seemed to do very well, but we found then to be stringy when we ate them. Did I pick them too late or too soon, or something else. Please help I want to grow them this year and enjoy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stringy yellow beans

More than likely it was the variety you grew. Was it a bush bean? or a pole variety? I like Neckargold quite a bit for a pole yellow bean.

DarJones

o

Ditto on Fusion's comments. Some wax beans I've grown develop strings as they ripen, while others remain stringless. I've only grown pole varieties, though. "Goldmarie" is another one which remains stringless for a long time.

o

I grew Golden Wax (bush). This year will try a couple other varieties
I hope I can find Neckargold and Goldmarie

Thanks

o

I personally grow Cherokee Wax(bush) and they have been stringless and quite productive for me.

Dean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here