Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you for the bean trellis direction, Zeedman

Posted by guavalane 9A So Cal (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 22:44

With the record rain in Dec. and warm days in Jan. volunteer beans are pretty tall already. Teepees didn't do very well in this small garden last year, so we wanted to try trellis. I have saved Zeedman's trellis direction and decided to follow it. The direction is very easy to follow and only took us a couple of hours to set it up. The total cost is less than $25.00. I think it looks very handsome. :)
Now I'm off to start some seedlings in peat pots in hope for an early start. And, I'll remember to do SUCCESSIVE plantings! Do you think to start a new row every 6 weeks, for snap, is about right?
Penny
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you for the bean trellis direction, Zeedman

You're very welcome, Penny; glad to be of help. :-) You took my design as a starting point, and made it your own. Nice indeed.

As nice as the trellis is, I'm more impressed by the massive hedge behind it. It looks like a green tsunami!

o

I would like to have those directions if you don't mind. I grew some peas last year and they barely produced anything! I think one reason was very poor trellising, as well as making the mistake of moving them once they did grow some. So this year I am determined to grow my favorite veggie!

o

I attached the link below. It's a very nice read with great photos, and you'll find Zeedman's directions posted on Sept. 8.

Here is the cost in detail:
7 ft T post $5.55 x 3 = $16.65
1 1/4 PVC40 $2.72 x 1 = $2.72
1 1/2 elbow $0.33 x 2 = $0.66
1 1/2 tee $0.98. x 1 = $0.98
Bushings $0.98 x 4 = $3.92
1/2 PVC40 (left over from a previous project)
Sisal rope (left over)

Total cost $24.93

I hope it helps.:)
Penny

Here is a link that might be useful: Zeedman's bean trellis directions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here