Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Hyacinth Bean

Posted by agrigirl 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 15:48

I am so excited! I have yellow hyacinth bean on their way to my house! I will now have purple, yellow and white. I am wanting to make a "natural" arbor. Anyone know where I can get say 8-10 foot bamboo poles fairly reasonable? I plan to put 3 poles up, place the three hyacinth in large pots next to the poles, then put twine from the poles to a hook on the sides of the garage which will create a natural arbor as you walk from the front yard to the back yard. Sounds weird, I know. But I think it will look pretty cool when it is done. I most definitely plan to take pictures as it comes along. Any ideas about the bamboo poles??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Hyacinth Bean

If bamboo grows in your area, post on Freecycle or Craigslist that you will cut back overgrowth in exchange for the poles. Or call around to garden centers.

o

craigslist for sale has a 'free' section too. Freecycle.org is another option.

o

• Posted by anney Georgia 8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 17:41

Take pictures later and post them when the trellis has grown?

o

Thanks everyone! I never thought to check craig's list. DUH! LOL Anney, well of course I will take pictures and post! And...I just ordered the Red Hyacinth Beans that came in to an importer in January from Japan. So, now I will have red to go along with it. Anyone know where I can get blue? I have heard of them, but have not been able to find any!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here