Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murphy_zone7

October Beans the ones with reddish stripes on cream colored pod

murphy_zone7
13 years ago

Last year I bought some fresh October beans from a local farmers market and thought they were the best ever. Don't know why in my long life I had never had them but anyway, I want to grow some myself. In doing research even here on the forum, I find that "october beans" are referred to by many different names....shelley beans, "french horticultural", "cranberry" and a few others. So finding exact growing information was difficult for me. I went to the local feed and seed store and bought what they call "October Beans". The sign on the bucket said they were bush. My question is how big a bush do they make? Similiar to butterbeans, field peas,etc? That is all I have ever grown. I am not sure how to space. I am assuming they require the usual in fertilizer, water, sun, etc as all other peas and green beans. Unfortunately, the young man working at the seed store didn't know much about gardening....think he was a temp hire to weigh out seeds and run the cash register....not answer questions.

So I bring my questions to you experts....

Thank you in advance for any information on growing specifics for October Beans.

Murphy

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm