Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have my St Patricks Peas Rotted?

Posted by littlelizzy123 5a CO (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 11:02

Hello All!

I planted Early Frosty and Tall Telephone peas on St Patricks day this year, in Colorado Springs, and they haven't sprouted yet. Should I go ahead and just replant them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have my St Patricks Peas Rotted?

Have you dug a couple up to see if they are rotted or just showing late germination?

o

I haven't had a chance to go out a see yesterday, so I will check it out today

o

They are sprouting under the soil! :) I was so worried I'd planted them too early. However, next year, I will wait a little longer. I don't think planting them that early has too many positives...

o

Glad to hear the seeds are still good.

Yes I learned that lesson one year. Plants don't grow (outside) just because you put seed in the ground or you bought a plant start from some store that got it from some greenhouse. I thought I'd get some early start on a few veggies but they just stayed in their short form for several more weeks until it really got warm, then they took off, so it was almost the same as if I had just started them later.

They were still waiting for the temperatures and moisture levels to tell them to really grow! Otherwise, they may take a little longer than expected if those conditions are not right.

This post was edited by gardenper on Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 11:30

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here