Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Eye Greasy & Blue Greasy Grits

Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co., IN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 15:56

Does anyone know where I can get some Red Eye Greasy and some Blue Greasy Grits beans? After reading an older thread on this forum, I want to grow and experience the taste of each.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Eye Greasy & Blue Greasy Grits

Red Eye Greasy has had a name change it's now called Red Eye Fall, The Sample Seed Shop sells them but unfortunately they are out of stock until the fall. I can't help out with this one as I only have a few seeds and haven't grown them yet. Sandhill Preservation has Blue Greasy Grits listed. I do have enough Blue Greasy Grit that I can share a few so if you can't find them down your way then shoot me an email and I'll see what I can do.

Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: Sand Hill Preservation

This post was edited by aftermidnight on Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 18:31

o

• Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co., IN (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 21:36

Thank you, Annette. I have gone to Sand Hill and found the Blue Greasy Grits. I'll just keep looking until I find the Red Eye Fall.

o

• Posted by drloyd 7B Western WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 9:52

Red Eye Fall is a common bean in Appalachia. Bill Best at Sustainable Mountain Agriculture has it under its usual name Hazard Fall. A Bean Collectors Window has it under the name Leslie Tenderpod. - Dick

Here is a link that might be useful: Leslie Tenderpod

o

Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 11:16

Thank you, drloyd. I will follow up on your information. It was an old thread by remy and you that made me aware of these two beans and I wanted to try them in my garden.

o

Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 17:39

I offered Red Eye Fall to SSE members and was not sure if I had any extra. Just checked and there are a couple pounds left.....

o

Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 13:29

drloyd, if you could spare a few, I would be interested. I don't think you'd be interested in anything I have, that's why I don't have a Want/Have list. None of my bean seeds are special, just trying to go that route this year. I do have a few nice tomato seeds from WinterSewn.

o

Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 21:28

If you send your mailing information to drloyd7 at comcast.net I will mail you some. I am having to bump a few of my tomatoes and beans off my lists so don't worry about a swap. Dick

This post was edited by drloyd on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 22:29

o

Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 20:20

Thank you so much. I will pay it forward by passing on some seed after my harvest this year.

Madonna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here