Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chitralekha_gw

Please help a diseased plant.

chitralekha
13 years ago

Hello all:

I recently planted some bean seeds and noticed that the leaves of my seedlings have shriveled. Could someone help me diagnose the problem?

Thanks so much!

{{gwi:1022862}}

{{gwi:1022864}}

Comments (8)

• KCLulamae
    13 years ago

I have the same problem. I'm completely new to gardening so hopefully someone experienced can help us out! Here are pics of mine:

• soonergrandmom
    13 years ago

The 2nd batch of pics looks like it could be cold or wind damage.

• jimster
    13 years ago

I see evidence of the work of at least a couple of a couple of pests, including leaf miners. Nothing serious enough to kill the plants though and I think they will grow fast enough to keep ahead of the damage.

Typically my beans have some deformity, such as leaf crinkling, or discoloration, such as yellowing, at this stage of growth. They outgrow it soon enough.

Jim

• chitralekha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much Jim for the identification of the problem and advice. I really appreciate it.
    Thanks....

• KCLulamae
    13 years ago

Thanks jimster & soonergrandmom! I'm glad to have a place to turn to for advice. -kc

• rdback
    13 years ago

Are you using any fertilizers by chance? Did you amend your soil with anything prior to planting?

I ask because some of the damage is reminiscent of fertilizer burn.

Rick

• KCLulamae
    13 years ago

Mine is the second set of pictures and I have fertilized one time. It was an organic liquid fertilizer that was diluted when I applied it. Are beans pretty sensitive? thanks! -kc

• chitralekha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, I amended the soil prior to planting with Premium compost. Thanks to all the responses and appreciate it.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting