Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do seeds from white hyacinth bean vine make white offspring

Posted by GAV65 TX (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 20:20

Hello,
Thanks in advance for any helpful answers to my question. I collected seeds from a hyacinth bean vine that had all white flowers. Half of the seeds were brown and half were white. Will all of the seeds make white flowered offspring?
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do seeds from white hyacinth bean vine make white offspring

I don't think anyone knows so I'm bumping if that's OK?

o

I would think they would be white unless they got crossed with another color

o

I hope you'll try it and post back here with your results.

o

When I was a kid my mom grew hyacinth bean that had white flowers and brown seeds. This year is the first time for me growing hyacinth bean with white flowers and white seeds. Two years ago I didn't even know there was a white seed variety. If the plant wasn't vining together with a colored flower variety, it's likely that the seeds would be of a white flower variety with genetically mixed seed colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here