Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mollywk

snow peas sprouts wilting

mollywk
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I already posted this in the container gardening forum, so I hope it's ok to post again here -- I'm having a problem with my snow pea shoots. They're between 1 and 2 inches tall at this point, and have been doing great, but recently a few of the smaller ones started wilting pretty seriously, and now I'm noticing a few wilted leaves on some of the taller, stronger ones too. They're not yellowing or anything, just wilting.

I'm growing them in a fairly shallow wooden windowbox-type container, and watering regularly. I'm in Montreal, and we're still in the fairly early stages of spring, so I don't imagine it could be from too much sun or heat. It was suggested elsewhere that perhaps they were waterlogged, and therefore the roots were being damaged.

Does this sound right? Does anyone have any ideas or advice on what to do from here? I mixed some slow-release fertilizer in the potting soil when I planted the seeds (I'm very new at this, so perhaps that was a mistake?) and didn't think to use an inoculant.

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored