Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pea Problem. Possible Fungus PICS

Posted by carawaykara 7PNW (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 08 at 1:15

Hi all,

Having a problem with my snap peas for the second year in a row. They are showing yellow spots on the lower leaves and stunted growth on the tops. New growth appears deformed. Had the same problem last year but in different location. Also some of the leaves close to ground have some small black spots.

I believe it is some sort of fungus, although the roots appear ok. Any ideas? Not all plants are affected yet. I am thinking about ripping them all out and planting pole beans, but I wonder if they may be affected as well.

Here are some pics although not very good I admit.

Photobucket
Here you can see some oh the black spots on leaves close to ground.

Photobucket
This one is supposed to show the yellow dots but came out blurry.

Photobucket
This plant still looks pretty healthy but I wonder if the whiting out is normal.

Photobucket
Another not very good pic, but can see some of the damage.

I am located in Washington along the pacific ocean. I didn't have this problem when I grew bush peas a couple years ago. Maybe I should go back to them or try an heirloom. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pea Problem. Possible Fungus PICS

The white markings look normal to me. I don't see anything I can identify as a disease, just some normal blemishes. Let us know how it goes.

Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here