Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ppod1999

Huge collection of bean seeds!

P POD
15 years ago

http://www.heritageharvestseed.com/pages/catalogue.html#beans

I happened on this amazing site with a great collection of beans and beautiful pictures. Heritage Harvest Seed is located in Carman, Manitoba, but will ship to the US for $3 extra postage. (I have no interest or connection whatsoever to this business.)

Sorry, I don't know how to convert the URL to a link (but if anybody wished to post a tutorial, that would be terrific.

(I did search but found no answers.) Also, the two windows, ÂOptional Link URL: and ÂName of the Link:, go missing when starting a new thread. (They always show when posting follow-up messages, but go missing when starting a new thread).

Comments (9)

• jimster
    15 years ago

"Also, the two windows, ÂOptional Link URL: and ÂName of the Link:, go missing when starting a new thread. (They always show when posting follow-up messages, but go missing when starting a new thread)."

Yes. That's odd, isn't it? But they show up when you preview your message. Then you can put in the link.

Jim

• P POD
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jim, I thought I tried that too, but must have been all thumbs. Anyway, I didn't see them. But now I do, so here comes the link to pages and pages of beautiful beans.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Heritage Harvest Seed

• zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
    15 years ago

An impressive selection of beans. They even have a few of the non-commercial heirlooms in my collection. I may order a couple from them myself... although it is too late to plant them this year, I'd like to get them while I can. Many Canadian seed companies have stopped filling U.S. orders, often with little advance notice.

Ppod, there is a great HTML tutorial here.

• jimster
    15 years ago

Thanks ppod. That's a good find. There are many beans there that appeal to me.

BTW, I wish I were as creative as you with screen names. :-)

Jim

• P POD
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're welcome, Jim. I think your Jimster name is pretty neat as well.

Here's another neat Canadian site. In case people are interested, the link will bring you lots of taste test results of both beans and other veggies, including lettuce.

Zeedman, thanks for the link. I looked at the site but unfortunately don't have the Mac software they use, but I'll have another look to see if I could glean a trick or two. DH thought the tutorial was for creating web pages, which is beyond my needs. I'd just like to know how to imbed links in my messages.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed and Plant Sanctuary for Canada

• rdback
    15 years ago

Hi ppod,

Try this link - it might help you out.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to embed a link

• P POD
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi rdback, thanks for the link. I guess I'm not too swift when it comes to these matters, but I'll get it, eventually.

On the other hand, my newly seeded kales (3 varieties) and Swiss chards (5 varieties) are germinating exceedingly well, so I'm not all thumbs. Sandhill seeds are par excellence!

• P POD
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just wanted to update the link to Heritage Harvest Seed, the Canadian company with the incredible seed collection. Scroll past the barley to get to the first of many bean-seed pages.

I wondered if any US GW'ers has had experience with seeds from Heritage, be it beans or other veg/flowers.

Is the purchasing experience smooth sailing or complicated?

Here is a link that might be useful: Heritage Harvest Seed, Canada

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

On the Canadian side.... I've been ordering seed from Heritage Harvest Seed for a couple of years, have been very pleased with all I have purchased and also the prompt service. Hopefully it will be the same states side. They may be listing the Mr. Tung pole beans I've been growing for many years in the near future.

Annette

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting