Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
this is how I protect my pole beans from deer

Posted by engineeredgarden 7, nw Alabama (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 08 at 12:14

I no longer have a dog, but still had this laying around...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: this is how I protect my pole beans from deer

Good idea!
I had thought of building something like that for berries, and covering it with birdnetting.
Will you have any trouble with the bunnies? They can squeeze through that stuff.
Good luck with your beans!

o

Hmmm.....Didn't think about bunnies.I'll have to put some thought into that one.Very rarely do I see any rabbits around my place, but see deer every stinking day.Well,i've definitely got the deer taken care of.Now, you've got the gears turning in my head.I love a challenge.....

o

A layer of small mesh fencing around the bottom will take care of bunnies if necessary. Wait and see.

Jim

o

That's what we did around the fence in our backyard. We put up utility fencing all around, and then put 2' high (1"holes) chicken wire around the bottom. Be sure to get that space at the lower end of the door too.
You may not even have bunny problems, and this might all be unnecessary. Hopefully you won't even need it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here