Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me satisfy my husband's pea craving

Posted by katxena z7 MD (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 13:06

I'll admit that I'm not a fan of peas. I tend to avoid them, so I don't know much about them.

But my husband (who is so picky it makes me want to cry sometimes) likes one particular kind of pea. If I can figure out what they are, I'd like to grow them for him.

He says that they have hard pods that you stick in your mouth and pop open with your teeth, then eat the peas (not the pod). He says the pod is about 2-3 inches long, and it bulges where the peas are, and that there are about 3-4 peas inside the pod. He doesn't remember what they are called or where he had them.

To me, what he's describing sounds like edamame, but he insists it's a pea. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me satisfy my husband's pea craving

Sounds like edamame to me too. Ask him if the pods are smooth or fuzzy. Edamame is fuzzy. Ask him where he had them. If it was a Chinese or Japanese restaurant it was edamame.

Then just get some frozen edamame in the shells from your grocery store and prepare them per package directions. Ask him if they are the peas he had.

Jim

o

@jimster: it never occurred to me to get them from the store! Duh! That's what I'm going to try. Thank you!

He says he can't remember where he had them, which I find perplexing, since he loved them so much. But he doesn't pay that much attention to food.

o

Edamame are a wonderful TV sports snack, so enjoyable and heathful as well. Better than chips and dip.

Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here