Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cascadian Sugar Snap Pea - Dying

Posted by limbuspink none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 14:30

I've planted about 5 sugar snap peas in different pots away from each other. One of them developed brown spots, yellowing leaves and is on its way to dying. The others are thriving. A little yellowing on the bottom leaves, but otherwise, lively and producing peas.

Several questions:

-Is it a virus?
-Can I eat the peas that it has been able to produce?
-Will it spread to other pots? How does the virus spread?
-Can I replant dill in the same pot/soil? (low on soil right now, so would like to just yank out the old and put some dill in there. Or is the virus universal to all plants and I would have to bleach the pot?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cascadian Sugar Snap Pea - Dying

Eating the peas should be fine. Depending on where you are and your temps, the pea plant may just have reached the end of its life cycle and not have a disease. Peas don't like heat or being too wet or dry. I'm in middle GA and my peas are dying back because it is past season for them.

I'd go ahead and plant dill in the pot after a good turning of the soil to loosen it up. Happy gardening!

o
RE: Cascadian Sugar Snap Pea - Dying

Thanks Cindy! Appreciate it!

Happy gardening to you too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here