Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
holes in pole bean leaves???

Posted by djonesc zone 6/98901 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 19:37

our pole beans are, maybe, 3 inches high and today i noticed tiny holes in the leaves on almost every plant ... they are planted in about a 15-20 foot row next to onion sets. which are up ... what could be eating these leaves and will it effect the beans, meaning, will the beans grow ... do we need to plant more seeds? i have seen no snails or slugs (we lived in a *desert area* outside yakima, wa

we planted beans in two places in the garden and, right today, the other beans seem to be ok ... a little later planting ...

darlene, who thanks all of you for the bocolli help (we bought new starts and dumped the old ones that *buttoned* ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: holes in pole bean leaves???

ok ... it's now a few days later and the holes are looking terrible ... do we replant? what bug are we looking for .... we sure could use some help from you gardeners ........

thank you ....

darlene

o
RE: holes in pole bean leaves???

Sorry to walk in late, maybe too late to help.

I would say bean leaf beetles. So out during a nice warm day if you can and look under the leaves for a bug that looks similar to a ladybug, only not as round. Knock them off into a glass of soapy water and let 'em drown. Get as many as you can every day and hope your beans have a chance to recover.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here