Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scarlet Runner Beans

Posted by lovetowatchitgrow (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 27, 08 at 19:43

Several years ago I purchased a pkg. of beans, in Dove Creek Utah, called Scarlet Runners. I would like to find where I can purchase them on line or via mail. These beans were the color of Red Kidney Beans and 2-3 times larger. Anyone have any information on these? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scarlet Runner Beans

Check out Renee's garden. They have them. I got my seed from a gardenwebber--Jim--the Insuk Wang Kong bean.

o

I've seen Scarlet Runner Beans at our local Lowes store.

o

"...These beans were the color of Red Kidney Beans and 2-3 times larger.

Runner Beans are widely available, most often as generic "Scarlet Runners". Named varieties are scarce in this country, although there are many sold in the U.K. There are some that have flowers of other colors, such as white, red & white, salmon pink, or apricot.

What interests me about this post is the description of the color of the beans. I have grown quite a few runner beans - seeds of white, black, brown, purple, and various combinations - and have never seen a red-seeded runner bean. Just to confirm, Lovetowatchit... these were not only red-flowered, but red-seeded? Or were the seeds the more common black & purple?

o

Here's a runner bean called "Scarlet Emperor".

http://www.territorialseed.com/prod_detail_list/180

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here