Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beans - is it bacterial? (with picture)

Posted by beckie5326 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 29, 10 at 20:29

Hi,

I'm thinking this is some kind of bacterial disease. If so, what next?

Thanks,
Beckie

Snap bean spots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beans - is it bacterial? (with picture)

I'll take a stab at it: septoria leaf spot (spelling?) Caused by humidity issues and, perhaps, getting dirt on the leaves when they are wet.

George
Tahlequah, OK

o

Thanks George! It's been wet, wet, wet lately.

Beckie

o

• Posted by anney Georgia 8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 11:25

Would Daconil or any of the organic garden disease control products stop the leaf spot? I'm pretty sure my Fortexes have something similar, though the spots are yellow and eventually the leaf turns yellow, maybe a fungus or could be leaf spot. I'm keeping them religiously picked off in hopes of coddling the plants through the worst of the summer heat and hoping they'll produce again in the fall.

o

I'm trying Serenade. It's supposed to work with fungus and bacteria. So far, so good.

o

Couldn't find Serenade at my local store- I'll have to order it. What's the main ingredient beckie? My veggie garden is strictly orgainic, and I'm concerned about putting something heavy on it. I wonder if there is a homemade remedy for fungus and bacteria that would actually be effective!
My bush bean plants are stunted( probably late sowing, high temps, lack of rain). They have some lower leaf spots, some turn yellow. Like anney, I removed them and am trying to keep them well watered so I can actually have beans tis year.
Last year I had so many I couldn't keep up with them all!

o

Check out the website for Serenade:
http://www.serenadegarden.com
It is 'organic.' The faq section talks about ingredients, and there's a "for gardeners" section that will locate a dealer for you. You can get the concentrate for twice the price as the regular spray bottle, and it will go much, much farther.
I've never used it before, but I have a fellow gardener friend who swears by it. I wish there were a homemeade remedy, but I've not been able to find one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here