Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cb_garden

my top crop beans looked great till now but tonight they...

cb-garden
10 years ago

Don't look so good they are turning yellow and the leaves are dying

Comments (8)

• cb-garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another pic

• cb-garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another pic

• Macmex
    10 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it unless you see yellow leaves spreading. It's not unusual to have a leaf or two "peter out" like that. The rest of the plant looks good.

George
    Tahlequah, OK

• dlsm
    10 years ago

cb-gardener, I would plow or hoe around the plant rows and keep watered. Plants look OK except soil needs loosening up.

Luther

• cb-garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok i did all that but the leaves are turning on other plants. Should i pick those leaves off?

• susanzone5 (NY)
    10 years ago

If it's the bottom leaves, then yes, pick them off. It's normal. But your plants look very close to each other. Pole beans should be 6 inches apart and bush beans even further. Crowded plants are not happy. Maybe thin them out, pulling the weakest ones.

• cb-garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I thinned them out so we shall see if that helps. Do you think that's enough. I also hoed around the plants to break up the soil. They had some blooms pop out.

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Yellowed leaves are semi dead and have no benefits what so ever. In fact, the might be host for bad bacteria.

Anyway, your plants look healthy to me.

BTW: How are they arranged? in rows or random? If in rows , the they should have furrows to hold the water. If random, should have a bowl like hill to hold the water. Unless you have different watering method(Sprinkle, drip hose..)

From the appearance of the soil, I get the impression that the soil must be sandy. In that case you'll have to water and fertilize them more often than normal.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting