Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
summer_squash

Dying Pea Plants

Summer_Squash
9 years ago

I have 7 week, 5 week, and 10 day pea plants. There are no flowers or pods. They are in pots and are trellising on a vacant chicken coop's wire.

The 7 week ones are about 3 feet tall, and looking at the top 2 feet, look really good! The bottom foot isn't so great. At the very bottom most of the leaves are brown, yellow, or have fallen off. As you go up on that foot, they go from yellow/brown to a pale green, and then normal.

The 5 week ones are just a bit smaller (probably 2 feet?) and the same thing is happening, on a smaller scale.

The 10 day ones are bright green, and about 4 inches tall so far; not concerning to me at the moment, but these ones looked great until about 3 weeks when they started getting established on the trellis.

It's low 80s here, with lots of rain. The soil is about 1/3 potting soil, 1/3 compost, and 1/3 mulch.

I am mostly worried that my plants will die off or stop growing before I can get any peas. I've heard of this happening at the last bit of the season, after most of the peas have come, but I haven't gotten any flowers or pods yet!

Any suggestions?

Thanks a million!

This post was edited by Summer_Squash on Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 22:02

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living