Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Crowders

Posted by bamagrit 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 24, 08 at 22:20

I planted a long row of Black Crowder peas this year. I've never grown these before and they are very, for lack of a better word, 'viney'. Is this normal with this variety of pea? My Mississippi Silver Hulls and Cream 40's aren't as bad as the Black Crowders. They are all blooming good and beginning to put on peas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Crowders

Never found Black Crowders to be viney. It is is a big plant, getting around two feet tall, but bush. Peas tend to set at the top making them a joy to pick.

Here is a link that might be useful: Black crowder

o
RE: Black Crowders

Thanks for the reply. Yep, they are bushy and these have long tendrils on them also. I expected the tendrils but some of these are long which I didn't expect. The Mississippi Silver Hulls and Cream 40's have the tendrils also though not as long. I've grown them in the past and love'em. The Black Crowders are making peas and I'm lookin' forward to eatin' 'em!! I think I'm goin' to dry'em and eat them this winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here