Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for marrowfat pea?

Posted by sugarmags OR z8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 07 at 23:48

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can share a source for marrowfat peas (Pisum sativum var. medullare). You know, the large, pale-green, flat(ish), traditional English pea used in preparing mushy peas. I'm wanting to give them a go in my garden.

Maybe I've run across them and just don't know their names?

much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for marrowfat pea?

I can't really answer your question, sugarmags, but the link gives some info. Personally I have never tasted or bought mushy peas and I've never heard of anyone growing their own. You just buy packets of dried marrowfat peas or canned mushy ones. I would have thought that any large seeded English pea would do after drying.

Here is a link that might be useful: mushy peas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here