Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help please

Posted by docbuttons 6A or 7...not sure (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 08 at 10:11

When I first bought seeds for green beans this past winter I thought I would be watching the plants grow six feet tall or something...when my plants only got to be about 1 1/2' tall I guess I realized that they were a bush bean of some sort apparently.

My question is this...I have 4 squares of beans...8 plants per square, and have got many beans off the plants so far, but they seem to have stopped flowering. Should I rip them all out, put in some new compost and start over with seeds or plant seeds now, next to the existing plants and when my existing plants are completely spent cut them at the soil line?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help please

Most bush type beans, give you about two pickings and the they are through. There are a couple of cultivars that are considered everbearing, but these just space the crop out over a couple of weeks. Espada

o
RE: help please

You might want to read the thread entitled "Sharing a tip about bush beans ......." on this forum. I'm going to follow that advice and see what happens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here