Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kingdvd74

Is this normal? Black Bean Plants turning yellow

kingdvd74
10 years ago

Hello everyone! Longtime reader, first time poster. I live in Indianapolis and planted black, navy, pinto and kidney beans in my Garden Tower Project container with about 10 plants each around the sides and on May 20th. They are growing great, especially the black and navy with long healthy looking pods. The others are vining and just started growing pods about 3 weeks ago or so. I'm growing them to dry. The last few days it has been in the low to mid 90's with the deck temp reaching 100 or over but the area gets sun from 11am to 2pm and 4pm to 7pm so it gets a break. The yellowing of the leaves and pods started slightly along the bottom rows first but not so bad until I noticed this morning the pods too are yellowing on all of my black and navy plants. I've been taking pictures pretty much daily of the whole container and some close ups. Not sure how to post multiples so I'll start with today's. I'm new at growing beans so I don't know if this is happening because they are reaching their end or if it is a disease. My other beans are still nice and green but I noticed something strange on one of the leaves. I'll post a pic of it too. Thanks for your help and look forward to your insightful responses. If there is another thread that addresses this please post a link. Thanks.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals