Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Beans Be Salvaged?

Posted by frozenskeeter WI (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 10 at 13:12

So, the stupid deer got my beans, they still have some leaves on them and they have an abundance of flowers. Will they still be able to produce beans?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Beans Be Salvaged?

Bush beans, I assume? If they are already full of flowers, they should easily bounce back in time. You've even got time yet to get dry seed. I'm in Winnebago County, and as long as my beans blossom by the end of July, I can get dry seed before the October frost. Snaps are even faster.

Of course, you will need to prevent the deer from coming back for a second course. They have a good memory for the things they like, and they always come back to finish the job (I have a deer trail through by back yard).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here