Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Update

Posted by crnagora95 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 17:49

I've been trying to record all the produce out of my garden, and here it is:

June 12th- One 'Koralik' cherry tomato, 4 grams.

June 13th through June 26- Eight 'Koralik' cherry tomatoes (aout 32 grams)

June 26th- Three 'Koralik' cherry tomatoes, 6 grams; three 'Baba's Pole' Romano beans, 22 grams; one 'Bosnian Pole' Romano bean, 4 grams; three 'Kukuruzar' snap beans, 12 grams

June 28th- One 'Koralik' cherry tomato, 4 grams; two 'Kukuruzar' beans, 4 grams

June 29th- Three 'Kukuruzar' beans, 8 grams; two 'Baba's Pole' beans, 11 grams

July 3rd- One 'Lazy Housewife' bean, 9 grams

July 6th- One 'Rattlesnake' bean, 2 grams; one 'Lazy Housewife' bean, 6 grams; two 'Santa Anna' beans, 6 grams; four 'Bosnian Pole' beans, 17 grams

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Update

I have yet to harvest a single bean :(. Rhubarb, raspberries, strawberries, lettuce and herbs are it so far, I'm way behind you, tomatoes are starting to form but it's going to be awhile for those.

Annette

o

I have not been harvesting much lately except for 'Mara des Bois' strawberries and Alpine strawberries (a bumper crop from both) and the last of my shelling peas.

As for my beans, 'Giant Red Tarka' and 'Soissons Vert' are starting to flower heavily and are setting lots of rapidly growing pods. My mouth is watering in anticipation of a good shelly harvest.

My 'Tennessee Cutshort' are loving the hot weather we have been having and seem ready to climb to the moon. They are just starting to bud heavily and the first flowers opened yesterday.

'Bosnian Pole' has finally reached the top of its trellis and is setting buds. First flowers opened today.

'Withner's White Cornfield' is also finally settling in and growing. Leaves are quite large, and the plants exactly match the photo in Carol Deppe's
book " The Resilient Gardener." A lot of buds are forming and it looks like the inaugural flowers will open in a day or two. I am surprised to see so many buds since my plants are located in quite heavy shade.

o

My Dollof beans from Leigh are to the top of the trellis and flowering while my Dollofs from Dar are only a foot or so high. Planted on the same day, right next to each other, no different treatment. ??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here