Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something is eating my green beans.

Posted by dbouldin none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 21:44

I've been gardening for years..This year my green beans look beautiful! Went out a few days ago and saw there would be beans big enough to pick Ina few days. Went out tonight...something had eaten all the beans..even the smallest ones...The leaves and blossoms are nice...but the beans are all eaten...the stem is still on the plant so it must be a worm or bug...but I don't see any signs of anything like that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something is eating my green beans.

Are the beans completely gone or just munched on? Did the plants look trampled? I'm guessing maybe mice or chipmunks or squirrels??
If everything but the stems are gone, is it possible that someone picked them?

This post was edited by catherinet on Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 8:31

o
RE: Something is eating my green beans.

How many beans in total are you talking about ?5, 10, 89 ?
A worm can eat one or two, a rat can eat 3 or for, a rabbit can eat 20 or more ???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here