Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
supermarket beans for planting? yes or not?

Posted by carlos35 CT zone 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 20, 09 at 22:37

I do not know much about beans but this year I already picked some yellow wax beans and they were delicious but I planted them too far apart and I think I have some room for more beens in betwween the rows of the yellow wax beans. I have some red kidney beans and some roman red beans from the supermarket and I was wandering if I plant those in between the wax beans, would they grow well? are they similar to the yellow wax beans? or are they a different kind of bean? can they be eaten as string beans or do they have to be shelled? would they be bush or pole bean? sorry for so many questions but I do not know anything about growing beans. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: supermarket beans for planting? yes or not?

These are bush beans developed for use as dry beans altho they can be used as green shellies. Should grow fine, but they take longer to mature than snap beans and you may be pushing in your climate. You would be better off at this time to plant a quick maturing snap bean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here