Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If I may show off my bean arch (in its first year).......

Posted by alisande Zone 4b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 20, 10 at 0:26

This cattle panel arch is the most exciting thing to happen in my garden this year. And now it's covered with pole beans (Kentucky Wonder and Fortex), just as I envisioned when I first heard of bean arches on these forums.

My son and I are thinking about where we can put more arches.....

Photobucket

Thanks for letting me share!

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If I may show off my bean arch (in its first year).......

Not only do you get to harvest some good eating you've added a very decorative element to your garden. After seeing yours I think I have a spot in my garden where I can fit one in.

o

Annette,

Can I interest you in a Lightning rod to put on top of your Cattle Panel Bean Trellis arch? If you do it right, the beans climb up the lightning rod and when lightning strikes, it cooks the beans. Saves all the trouble and expense of maintaining a cookstove with pans and other such frippery. Jut go out and pick your ready cooked beans from the arch. Of course, you can only do this if you have the Lighting Rod!!!!

DarJones (:>)>>--

o

Dar..... you know that sounds like a plan, my stove's been acting up lately, don't have a dishwasher and I hate washing all those crudy pots. Mmmmmmm, how much do you want for that lightning rod? No nix that, the shipping would do me in maybe I can find one real cheap at a garage sale (Grin).

Annette

o

I like my beans crisp-tender. Historically, lightning has a tendency to overcook.

o

LOL, good one Alisande, on to plan B, anyone?

Annette

o

"Historically, lightning has a tendency to overcook."

Yeah. But when you're in a hurry it's very fast.

Jim

o

Lol, I'm having visions of lightning cooked green beans. The ultimate healthy fast food.

ZAP

Beans anyone?

DarJones

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here