Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

If I may show off my bean arch (in its first year).......

alisande
13 years ago

This cattle panel arch is the most exciting thing to happen in my garden this year. And now it's covered with pole beans (Kentucky Wonder and Fortex), just as I envisioned when I first heard of bean arches on these forums.

My son and I are thinking about where we can put more arches.....

{{gwi:48166}}

Thanks for letting me share!

Susan

Comments (7)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Not only do you get to harvest some good eating you've added a very decorative element to your garden. After seeing yours I think I have a spot in my garden where I can fit one in.

• fusion_power
    13 years ago

Annette,

Can I interest you in a Lightning rod to put on top of your Cattle Panel Bean Trellis arch? If you do it right, the beans climb up the lightning rod and when lightning strikes, it cooks the beans. Saves all the trouble and expense of maintaining a cookstove with pans and other such frippery. Jut go out and pick your ready cooked beans from the arch. Of course, you can only do this if you have the Lighting Rod!!!!

DarJones (:>)>>--

13 years ago

Dar..... you know that sounds like a plan, my stove's been acting up lately, don't have a dishwasher and I hate washing all those crudy pots. Mmmmmmm, how much do you want for that lightning rod? No nix that, the shipping would do me in maybe I can find one real cheap at a garage sale (Grin).

Annette

• alisande
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I like my beans crisp-tender. Historically, lightning has a tendency to overcook.

13 years ago

LOL, good one Alisande, on to plan B, anyone?

Annette

• jimster
    13 years ago

"Historically, lightning has a tendency to overcook."

Yeah. But when you're in a hurry it's very fast.

Jim

• fusion_power
    13 years ago

Lol, I'm having visions of lightning cooked green beans. The ultimate healthy fast food.

ZAP

Beans anyone?

DarJones

Sponsored