Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beans not producing?

Posted by cowabunga1 z6 ID (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 0:51

Hello,

So I have loads of rattlesnake and other pole beans but my Marvel of Venice beans don't have a single bloom yet. Being so late in the season I would think I would see something by now. The plants are very healthy looking with lots of green leaves - no beans. :( Any suggestions on why this is happening? Is there any way to help it along or is it too late? Thanks

~Sam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beans not producing?

I'm having exactly the same problem with my soybeans- my only guess is too much nitrogen. Are your Marvels of Venice planted in a different part of the garden than the other beans? For me it has been a very bad year for beans in general. Mine all produced except the soybeans. Ironically, the soybeans were the only plants however that actually looked healthy. All the others looked horrible but managed to produce a meager harvest.

o
RE: Beans not producing?

Its really strange because they are growing on the same trellis as the others. Do you think I need a fertilizer that's higher in Phosphorus? I have some that is 18-24-16. Maybe I'll see if it helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here