Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindsaybev

Wilted, Half-Dead Pea Plants...help

lindsaybev
9 years ago

I am including a picture of my poor plant. I have not found any culprits, as I did with aphids on a corn stalk, numerous aphids on all my pumpkin flowers and many leaves, and a cutworm on my ailing cucumber's soil bed, curled up next to my plants stalk. At first my peas did welll they grew quickly, looked green and strong....they the yellowing on one plant seemed creep to the next, then they seemed stunted at the same height for a long time as the rest of the garden flourished. Now they all look dead from midway down, yet keep growing and even beginning to flower on top???

Is it Fusarium Wilt or Root Rot? (This is my first garden and the clay soil was not amended very well for my first round of plants.) Should i pull it all up? Or let it grow and possibly "out-grow" whatever the problem may be...stop watering or water more?? All the surrounding plants are doing so well. The bean plants next to the peas are prolific and over-abundant and they practically share the same soil. I don't get it.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!