Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kentucky Wonder with black-tipped leaves

Posted by angelady 7 - TX (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 31, 08 at 19:46

Sorry, I don't have pictures. The rest of the plants look fine, but the tips of some of the leaves appear to roll up black (not brown). Does anyone know what is causing this? It just started. I can't find any plant disease or insect problem that makes the leaves do this. I am wondering if too much rain lately has led to this for some reason?

~Angela

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kentucky Wonder with black-tipped leaves

Well, they are fine now... I think they just went through some kind of shock from being moved around. I have them planted in containers and took them to my mom's while I was away. The day I brought them back here, this is what happened and continue to happen for awhile. I could tell they were really trying to get over whatever it was and now they look as good as new.

It's also possible it was just simply the heat / direct sun... this is my first garden so I have no idea what they like/dislike... I am pretty sure they were in more direct sun that was over 95 degrees just up until recently here than they were in at my mom's... perhaps that was it... Regardless, they finally got over it and are looking great.

~Angela

o

That's good to hear, Angela. I'm glad you got back to us about this despite receiving no answers to your post. Sometimes no one has an answer.

Jim

o

• Posted by cabrita 9b & 10a (21 & 23) (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 29, 08 at 14:51

Very true! I had no idea what the problem that you described was but I am glad your KW are doing good now. These are the best type of problems, the ones that go away by themselves...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here