Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Torekeny Vizsz

Posted by happyday WI4a (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 29, 10 at 23:09

Has anyone else grown Torekeny Vizsz? If so, what did you think of it? I thought I must have heard about it here, but a search turned up only one result from me.

The seeds I had made a small bush bean, rounded yellow pods about 6 inches long, small kidney shaped seeds with a figure at the hilum. Most seeds were white with a figure, one entirely white, no figure, and one brown, no figure.

Picked several today to shell for seed, a little too early. They are too small for shellies. The taste is very good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Torekeny Vizsz

A number of these immature seeds have started sprouting inside the pod. The pods are just past snap stage, not yet shelly stage. Since they were planted apart from the others they did not get much fertilizer spray. Premature sprouting in the pod might be a characteristic of the variety.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here