Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What variety would/could this be?

Posted by sidhartha0209 KY_6a (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 10:54

Probably a long shot dumb question, but at least take an educated guess if you have one.

Very delicious, crisp & sweet eaten raw, like a Sugar Snap pea or Purple Asparagus.

Here is a link that might be useful: Marketside All Natural Green Beans, 32 oz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What variety would/could this be?

They will be one of the commercial blue lake bush bean types.

You can grow something similar with Festina or most any of the straight pod bush blue lake types.

o
RE: What variety would/could this be?

Bingo. I called the company and gave them the information on the packaging and the lady told me someone would call me back and tell me what variety of bean it was; and you know what? Someone actually called me back and told what variety of bean it was!!! And you're right, it was a Blue Lake bush bean!

Which blows my mind, many years ago we grew Blue Lake pole beans and simply did not care for the 'canned cafeteria bean' taste of them. Oh well, stranger things have happened.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here