Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for Georgia Long Cowpea?

Posted by arley 7b/8a SC (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 17:02

I've read a few posts about the edible podded Georgia Long cowpea.

Anyone know where there is seed available for purchase?

If I can't find those, I'll probably go with some other long bean like Red Noodle.

This year I grew Fortex, Gold of Bacau and Musica, and all did okay.. (Gold of Bacau was the tenderest and most delicate, but also the least productive) I'm looking for something more suited for hot & humid summers here (although this summer was unusually cool and wet).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for Georgia Long Cowpea?

Hello Arley.

Both grew well for me, with the Chinese Red Noodle being slightly more prolific. Being cowpeas, they should do well in SC. I have seed for both.

Happy to send a sample of each.

E-mail your info if you're still interested.

Rick

Georgia Long
Georgia Long photo GeorgiaLongCowpea2_zps3e9aa7f1.jpg

Chinese Red Noodle
 photo P1010002_zps3989233d.jpg

o

rdback, I'm curious - do you walk into a lot of spiderwebs in your beautiful bean tunnel?

emmers

o

Hello emmers.

Yeah, I run into webs every once in a while. In fact, I ran into this gal just the other day when I was picking cowpeas *smile*.

Rick

photo phone181_zps201429cf.jpg

Garden Spider photo phone178_zpscf3d3536.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here