Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Support for english peas

Posted by popcornhill 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 20:34

Well today I finished my fall garden planting with a double row of lettuce and a double row of English peas. My question is about the English peas. They are 1. Sugar Ann edible and 2. Alaska. Do those two need supports? I was told they are bush type peas but I also read they do need support. I am going to put a crw down the middle of the row if they do need support. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Support for english peas

Yes they really do need some support...any bit of wire or string or fencing to help them out...In my garden I have boxes...I sewed the peas right down the middle of the boxes and sewed 4 rows...on each end of the box and in the middle I have a stake or rebar and attached to it is plastic mesh...

o
RE: Support for english peas

Thank you Ruthieg. I put up some support this morning. And used 6 gallons of sweat in this humid air! After reading different sites...you never know what to do really execept come here for some tried and true advice. Rain tomorrow and the next day. Hope they don't get washed away. Purple hulls, Green beans and Multiplying onions are looking good. My first time for English peas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here