Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I planted beans back in September

Posted by ruthieg__tx z8 TX (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 31, 09 at 14:32

I had several packages of bean seeds laying around and I thought well if I'm lucky I could get another harvest of beans. The spring and summer beans did well until we went into the hell inspired heat of this summer not to mention the drought...any way ...I picked my first bunch today and the vines are loaded. We are having some cool weather overnight but we still have nice daytine temps. My garden is blowing and going at the moment full of fall crops but I'm particularly happy with the beans.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I planted beans back in September

I envy you Ruthieg!

o

I remember you had such good with rattlesnake beans is that what you planted again? I ordered rattlesnake seeds that is what I am going to plant next spring.

o

I'm a little envious too, I've got some new to me heirloom beans to try thanks to several generous members on this forum but I have to wait 5 or 6 months before I can plant them.

Annette

o

That's great Ruthie! I have to garden vicariously through you now. They're predicting snow for wednesday & thursday here.

Oh, I remembered you wanted to know how the Rattlesnake beans did for me. My Cherokee Trail of Tears was still the most productive but the Rattlesnake poles came in second. I'm going to grow them both again next year.

o

Have a wonderful cool fall and winter in Texas! Hope you are well.

o

Wow Ruthieg, who'd a thunk it!

Won't it be nice to have FRESH green beans from your garden for Thanksgiving?

Mine will be frozen, but at least they're from MY garden, not store bought.

Enjoy.

Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here