Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
derek22_gw

Hydroponic Bush Beans showing signs of problem

Derek22
12 years ago

Hello All:

My name is Derek and I'm a new member to the site. I have started a bush green bean plant in a drip hydroponic system and it's been going for a little under a month now. Everything had been going smoothly with it up until the last couple weeks when the plant has started to show yellowing on the sides of some of its larger leaves. Then, when new sets of leaves came out they came out a yellowish colour overall. At the stem of these leaves is a red-ish colour as well. After that some of the yellow spots have started to almost dry out or go to a brown colour on all the leaves.

Does anyone know what might cause this/what I can do to fix it? I keep the plant in a nutrient solution with a PH of 6 which is fairly optimal from what I've read for the plant, and is also the recommended target ph by the solution. It's on a 16 hour light cycle, and there is a 60 gallon air stone in the base of the bucket the plant grows in so that any of the roots that grow into there have oxygen to help grow.

I can email pictures of what I'm talking about, I just couldn't figure out how to attach them to this post. Any suggestions/tips would be great, it's my first time growing anything hydroponically!

Derek

Comment (1)

• happyday
    12 years ago

You might want to try asking your questions in the Hydroponics forum. Not sure if anyone here grows beans hydroponically.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012