Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sustainable Mountain Agriculture Center Seed Swap/Sale

Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 22:28

Hi All,
Here's a photo of Bill Best showing how to use a bean shelling machine. To see all the photos from this year's swap, check out the link.
Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos from Berea, KY 2012

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sustainable Mountain Agriculture Center Seed Swap/Sale

Looks like a good time was had by all. I bet you didn't come home with empty hands :).

Annette

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 18:31

Annette,
It was a very good time. I got a few interesting heirlooms for sure.
Remy

o

Didn't the day go way too fast? Seems I only got to chat with a handfull of people. And a good turnout too. Remy... did you get a sample of the Aunt Mary's sweet corn I was giving out? They went real fast. I think I had 50 samples of it and ran out early.

Tony

o

Annette,

Looks like a good time. I hope to get there one day! I would be interested to hear about the seeds you received/traded and the people you meet.

Dean

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 18:51

Tony,
No I did not. Last year, I picked up the Seneca Speckled Egg (waiting on seeds right now) and the October Beans you had.
So I figured I would get over there and see what you had after awhile. Well by the time I went over, only the October Beans were left, lol.
I also wanted to make sure I talked to you to put your face with your seeds in my brain, and that didn't happen either, lol. I know I obviously saw you last year and this year, and I know your forum name, but I am not making the connection to your seeds.
Next year!

Dean,
You would really enjoy it. So many nice people. There are people who come every year and of course there's always new people. Many people bring their family seeds or their favorite heirloom seeds to trade which is neat.
I got one bean from a younger guy called 'Cranberry Bush', and it is a smaller bean than the normal cranberry types.
Another I got is 'Bruce' with the description of dark fall bean.
Another I got was 'Lewis Morgan' a fall bean which the dry bean sort of looks like a smaller 'Jembo Polish'.
I asked a few people who were set up at tables with lots of varieties to give me their favorite so I got 'Alma Whitaker Cornfield' and 'White Hastings' pole.
I also got a couple cowpeas 'Peking Black' and 'Blue Goose'.
I came home with a few other veggies too like peppers and tomatoes.
This year, was neat too since some of the swappers from last year came back and told me how much they liked what they tried from me last year. In particular my 'Stump of the World' tomato was a hit.
Remy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here