Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cahin Link fence for Peas

Posted by obrionusa 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 24, 09 at 8:51

I have a chance to get some chain link fence if not given to me then real cheap. Just wondering if they work very well for Peas? Work very well for Pole Beans. I want to try different pole beans as trials. I use cattle panel for my main beans.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cahin Link fence for Peas

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 25, 09 at 9:22

I grow my peas, Tall Telephone, on my chain link fence in on the perimeter of some of my flowerbeds. It works great.
Remy

o
RE: Cahin Link fence for Peas

It will work fine on an established fence. But I wouldn't want to make a bean or pea trellis from it. The reason being that is is very heavy stuff. Supporting it will require heavy duty uprights. But, yes, the peas will go for it. And it is very durable and long-lasting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here