Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Regular DJ LED Lights to grow

Posted by vinnnya (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 1:24

Hello Everyone,

LED grow lights are very expensive. Back in the day I used to dj and have a few LED Par cans that have 108 red, green and blue LEDs. Would it be possible for me to grow using these par cans? I am planning on growing vegetables and tomatoes indoor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Regular DJ LED Lights to grow

they are pretty low power, i'm sure they would work not sure how much, and maybe not really big plants?

problem with the really low power leds is they dont have good canopy penetration, so the top leaves will be fine but lower than that will die because they get no light.

o
RE: Regular DJ LED Lights to grow

May be, It will be better to use the lights more than that because we need the good canopy penetration. In lightning technology, Led occupies the best place.

Here is a link that might be useful: led reflector design

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here