Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ppennypacker_gw

Soilless Mix to purchase in Bales?

PPennypacker
19 years ago

Oh where, Oh where can I find a bale or two of Promix in the south-of-Boston, MA area Oh wonderful ones?

Might you give me a hand (or a trowel...). Will be needing it in less than a month!

Best,

PP

Comments (11)

• sonnypippo
    19 years ago

wrong forum?

• PPennypacker
    Original Author
    19 years ago

sonnypippo,
    Wondering why you may think this is the wrong place for me to post, what I think is a valid query?
    ProMix, of which I'm certain you are familiar, is a soilless mixture growing medium. Rooting many, many, seedlings, cuttings and rootlets as I do, requires me to use a medium of no soil. I also grow "under lights". My goodness, are your lights perhaps different than mine?
    I do grow many orchids as well...osmunda bark...soilless...
    Best,
    PP

• zink
    19 years ago

What a coincidence! Both of you guys got a "PP" and a "NNYP" in your names.

Actually, I would probably have gone for the "Soil, Compost and Mulch" forum, or "Hydroponics".

None-the-less, do yo mean the Premier PRO-MIX? I have bought that in compressed, 2 cubic foot units at Home Depots in my area (Louisville, KY).

It is the best spagnum mix I have found around here. I love it.

Zink

• PPennypacker
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey zink, Thanks so much! I did just give our area HD a call and not only have they never heard of it, they can't get it.
    I'll keep trying... Yea, I did post on other sites here, S,C,& M was one I'm posted at.
    Best,
    PP

• zink
    19 years ago

Must have something to do with the purchasing and distribution in different regions. I bought a 2 cu.ft. bale at HD just a few months ago. My previous purchases of the PRO-MIX were also from HD.

Zink

• kathicville
    19 years ago

Penny......Do you know who makes Pro-Mix? Maybe you can contact the maker and find out what their distribution points are in your area......Where I live, Southern States (agricultural supply) is the only place I've seen it (bag and bale). Our Lowe's (equivalent of HD) doesn't carry it.....Do you have an ag supply place within easy drive? If so, you might give them a call.....

• orchidsnyc
    19 years ago

The specific brand "Pro-Mix" is made Premier Horticultural. Their website is at http://www.premierhort.com/website/afhome.html with a "retailer locator" on the home page or you could email them if that doesn't come up with anything useful.

• PPennypacker
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you so very much for your help.
    Best,
    PP

• orchidsnyc
    19 years ago

Good luck!

• PPennypacker
    Original Author
    19 years ago

FOUND IT, Thank you! In Plymouth, MA at the Agway Morrison Farm and Garden. GREAT place.
    Best,
    PP

• joytosew
    16 years ago

Now how come when i looked at the website it couldn't find anyplace that sells it in my area?
    I have several areas around me. St. louis, columbia, even quincy IL.