Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
urbandk_gw

Chrome WireRack on sale at Lowes

urbandk
14 years ago

Just a heads up.

18" x 48" x 74" chrome wire 5 shelf system on sale at Lowes home improvement for $59... usually $79. Combine it with a 10% off movers coupon or a 10 off 50 coupon to get it even cheaper. Item# 07134

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=71034-80752-184874C&lpage=none

Adjustable shelves - pretty nicely built.

Comments (7)

• luv_2_gardn
    14 years ago

Urbank,

I saw these over the weekend and they are nice. I have similar racks that I use in my basement and I really like them. They also had folding tables on sale -- I purchased a couple of 6' tables for my basement also. I used the 10% discount also -- very good buy.

Take care,

Luv_2_gardn

• andyinnyc
    14 years ago

Ack! I love these shelves - and I missed this post and paid the $79 less 10%.

Where does one find the $10 off $50 coupon?

Andrew

• urbandk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

during christmas they had the 10 off 50 coupon in the LED christmas lights from GE.

• andyinnyc
    14 years ago

Urbank and Love 2 Garden (or others),

Do you hang 2 double shop lights (ie 2 four footers with two bulbs each) per shelf or do you fit in 3 double bulb four footers?

Andrew

• urbandk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just use 1 - 4' shop light per shelf which holds 2 - 40 watt bulbs - 3200 lumens per bulb. I also have the entire setup wraped in mylar, except the top to vent.

i only use the top 4 shelves, due to this setup being in the basement. The bottom shelve i think gets too cold. I keep extra supplies down there.

I have each shelf filled with plants. 90% japanese maple seedlings, dianthus cuttings, impatien cuttings, and some startings of hosta and other seeds.

I am not using it to grow veggies. I made a mistake of cold stratifying the maples too early and i had to grow them thru winter... I can say they are not doing too well.. after about 4 months under these lights.. only about 25% have 6" of growth of more. The other ones are about 3" or less. I dont know if it has to deal with the ones growing more being more centered in the light or not..this is the first time with japanese maple seeds, so i have nothing to compare to. But my goal was just to get it thru winter until i can bring them out in a month or two.

If i had the choice or the money, i would put a second 4' shop light. It seems like there is no such thing as too much light.. maybe too much heat..but in the winter, i don't think you would have that problem

• taz6122
    14 years ago

"maybe too much heat..but in the winter, i don't think you would have that problem"

Depends on the insulation. My place stays above 80F if the outside temp is above 20F with the lights on. I have to open windows almost every day while the lights are on or I would bake. I'm running around in my undies as it is with no heater going, just the pilot lights. I was tempted to open all the windows and doors when it got to 55 outside and 90 inside the other day. I need an attic fan. Think I'll put one in this spring. Opening the windows and doors during the day and I'm in my undies could get me a peeping Mary or get me in trouble for indecent exposure. My electric was $130 a month from December till now. But gas was only $12-$20.

• andyinnyc
    14 years ago

I'm using 2 double bulb 4 foot fixtures. It turns out that 3 of them won't fit between the four corners. Just in case anyone else is using this shelf system and T12 lights.

Andrew

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths