Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poncirusguy6b452xx

Pics of your unique lighting setups & short descrption

poncirusguy6b452xx
10 years ago

I would like to see pics of your inexpensive lighting setups with a short description of Its use.

2 foil lined 5 gallon buckets with 5300K 18 watt CFL
{{gwi:570204}}
Meiwa kumquat tree from seed fits in twin buckets where it get light and the temperature is 15 degrees warmer and more humid.

{{gwi:576587}}
Fig tree inside grows at an inch per week.

4 FT by 4 FT with 12 CFL's at 5300k and 18 watts
{{gwi:39597}}
12 pepper plant in 5 gallon buckets. Fresh pepper by 3/1/2013

16 broccoli plant under 8 CFL's with my meiwa kumquat's root base hanging inside getting its roots warmed to 80-F
{{gwi:39911}}{{gwi:570206}}
full view of broccoli and kumquat tree in double light bucket

3 story grow box for trees, vegetable's, and starts.
{{gwi:557507}}
picking beet green from the floor level, Citrus, kumquat, sour cherry and M111 apple rootstock trees on the 2nd floor with the citrus sweetlee tangerines passing into the third level

{{gwi:643229}}
Starts in 14 OZ plastic cups hanging from nails under lights on 2nd & 3rd floor

Seeds getting their start in a sealed chamber

closed container in furnace heating duct being warmed to 95 F

Comments (3)

• Phantom2487
    10 years ago

If I could dedicate a whole room to doing this I would definitely steal some ideas from your post. Though your setup appears significantly more and serious there are plenty of good ideas presented.

My setup is more 'hobbyist' and that's how I intend to keep it for now.

• bear_with_me
    10 years ago

I made this set-up based on one in a you-tube video. It was fairly inexpensive and uses two 100-watt-equivalent CFL bulbs in the daylight range. Those are 23 watt each. I hung it from a shelf on my plant stand.

The peppers, fig cuttings, and flower seedlings are growing nicely under it.

I taped aluminum foil on the ends with the shiny side inward, to reflect more light to the plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog post on CFL grow light project

This post was edited by Bear_With_Me on Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 17:39

• lauren.sims03
    10 years ago

Light fixtures from Mallard's tied to the backs of some spare chairs. Two warm & two cool 48" T12's mixed together - growing seedlings to be transplanted outside as soon as it's warm enough - tomatoes, kale, lettuce, spinach, herbs. Fixtures + bulbs cost about $50.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County