Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My grow light system scheme.... What do you think?

Posted by tommilak (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 7:26

Hi guys,
I just finished drawing my grow light system. There are 4 18W fluorescent tubes. This system is made for about 3 plants. I am planning to grow there cherry tomatoes. They won't grow very tall so I can use fluorescent tubes. These lights can also be lowered to get the light as near as possible to the plants. I would you some kind of ropes or chains to lower the lights. So what do you think of this system I also added two pictures.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My grow light system scheme.... What do you think?

• Posted by kandm 8b coastal alabama (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 2:43

Very nice set up.

o

Your system looks good however it is top heavy. you will have to widen your base to create stability or bolt it to the floor. Also it's not clear from your pic if you'll attach your lights from over top which I think would be better than attaching them to the sides when it comes to adjusting the height of your lights. You may also find it awkward having to lift your plants in and out of the white frame part to prune or generally tend to them.
Hope this is helpful

o

Yes, I probably should widen the base, although right now it is standing just fine. I Would use chains on top of the hood to adjust the lights height.

I just finished building my grow light. I built the needed fixture and connected the wires. For light I am planning to use Philips Super 80 tubes. On the Philips Lighting webpage there is also give a datasheet, which contains wavelength diagram. Perhaps someone could give me some advice, what sort of tubes to use. In my opinion the 840 should be the best. Anyway the datasheet can be seen on this page: http://www.lighting.philips.com/in_en/architect/lamps_leds_gear_innovations/brochures/datasheets/fluo.php?main=gb_en&parent=gb_en&id=in_en_brochures&lang=en
From there choose MASTER TL-D Super 80

P.S. I shall soon also post some pictures of my grow system.

o

Hi.
I just finished building my grow light fixture. Here are also some pictures. I really must say that I am not a good builder :)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You my also tell me what you think of my system and what should I change.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here