Return to the Growing under Lights Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Indoor Planting

Posted by CharlieBoring 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 10:45

I am in N. VA. I just planted some tomatoes, peppers and zucchini under lights. Intend to plant more next weekend, including: ground cherries, more tomatoes, more peppers, artichokes and eggplant. My last frost date is about April 15.

Am I jumping the gun?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Indoor Planting

I certainly hope not, as I have also started my seeds, some under lights and some winter sown.

Under lights I have an assortment of peppers (sweet - super hot), about 6 types of tomatoes, including ground Cherries and an interesting fruit , Naranjilla,

I have my seedlings at just an inch below the lights and still they seem to want to be 'leggie", not sure what I am doing wrong. I am an extreme newbie as the only thing I have ever grown from seed is kids and moonflowers. LOL

o

Well, I have both kids and moonflowers. Kids are old now but I still plant the moonflower seeds. I use standard shop lights T-9(?).

o

Spring bulbs are ideal plant indoors in early spring. I have also grow some tomatoes seeds in under light but I am newbie in indoor planting. Will you suggest me what can i do in next steps?

o

I recommend some sweet and/or hot peppers. What do you have room for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing under Lights Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here